Voluntary is to freely offer work to a company without requesting a salary. The skills and experience required will vary between different job roles within the industry. When a person a volunteering there is no pay, just experience and a good reference which comes in aid when applying for future jobs.
How are you paid? / Average Salary
The main advantages of voluntary work include:
- Gaining / developing new skills for future use
- Gain good reputation for CV use
- A chance to network
- A chance to gain extra work experience, again great for the CV
There are a number of disadvantages when working as a volunteer.
- As a volunteer you will not receive a wage
- Usually, will not be with a company for a vast amount of time
- When applying for a permanent position, the candidate will have to re-sit an interview
Examples of Volunteer Job Adverts