Class Project – Futuristic City Environment (2)

Communication is easier than it sounds, especially in larger scale groups. As a result, we decided to condense to group into 4 smaller groups, each concentrating on a separate aspect of the environments design.

  1. Team 1 –
  2. Team 2 –
  3. Team 3 –
  4. Team 4 – Colour

Furthermore, the teams were picked using a number system to help separate friendship groups and improve connections with the rest of the class.

FutureCity1

I was allocated team 4, responsible for the colour used in the environment.  I was initially drawn to the first image (above) and asked the rest of the group how they felt about it. I liked the use of blue, initially used by Faye in her pitch, as it give a clean and futuristic feel but also giving the impression of coldness which helps reflect the downbeat mood of the slums.  In contrast, we selected orange.  Orange gives the impression of heat, almost anger, and could be used in such things as intense light or even in the atmosphere to reflect the mood of the environments inhabitants. A feeling of unrest.

We selected a team leader for each group and rejoined the rest of the class to present our ideas.  The improvement from the first attempt was there to see, allowing each team leader to talk about each element without interruption.  This allowed for greater input from the rest of the class, resulting in a clearer understanding of the design.

We presented our colour choice as a slide, which was different to the rest of the class, that was great as it looked very professional.  I chose to pull the colours we had selected from the images and display them as solid colour blocks.  This was easier to view and simpler for the rest of the class to relate to. I used tips I had gained earlier in the week when reading this site:

http://t.co/PyeU2XDnBi

I was pleased as the rest of the class responded well to the colour choice.  I was pleased to see many images they chose also included the colours selected, meaning we were on the same wavelength.

Overall, we had improved immensely from the first attempt as a group.  This was evident as it took us only 10 minutes to prepare a well designed and clear mood-board, compared to 30 minutes not-so-good effort earlier in the day.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s